- Foo Foo Tei (Hacienda Heights): Don't let its hairiness fool you. This unusual looking gyoza is by far the most flavorful and juicy. And don't mistake this Foo Foo with the Monterey Park location.
- Daikokuya: Overrated or not, this gyoza is still one of the best. Its unique shape and blanket of green onions shall please all Seven Gods of Fortune.
- Shinsengumi: Despite their small size, these 一口 gyoza can knock your taste buds out!
- Chabuya: Gyozahh from Chahbuyahh...enough said.
- Kairakutei: These fat-stickers are clearly homemade and out to kick some butt!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
GO GYOZA! The top 5 ramen sidekicks!
At almost every ramen-ya around the world, there is a dish that understands its supporting role and rarely seeks the spotlight. A potsticker, a dumpling, or a pansticker. You can call it what you want, but nothing goes better with ramen than a plate of moist, juicy, garlic-infused, lightly-crisped gyoza. So before the soup cools, I give you the top 5 ramen-ya gyoza in Southern California: